Am 18.12.14 um 09:53 schrieb Christian Kivalo:
Good Morning,

I ran into the exact same problem yesterday and found this very informative
page about setting up a basic dev environment on OmniOS:
Link http://omnios.omniti.com/wiki.php/DevEnv

I added the gcc bin dir to my $PATH and installed all the packages mentioned on
that site and znapzend compiled.

-christian

Thanks - it seems, that I rushed over those extra packages. Thanks for the heads-up! After actually completing the installation of the dev tools, I am also able to compile znapzend, which is a very neat tool, btw.!

Thanks,
budy

On Thu, 18 Dec 2014 08:54:05 +0100 Stephan Budach <stephan.bud...@jvm.de> wrote

Good morning,

I wanted to install gcc to compile znapzend on my r012 box, so I issued:

root@nfsvmpool02:/root# pkg install developer/gcc48
             Packages to install:  6
         Create boot environment: No
Create backup boot environment: No

DOWNLOAD                                  PKGS FILES    XFER (MB)
Completed                                  6/6   1537/1537 165.1/165.1

PHASE                                        ACTIONS
Install Phase                              2104/2104

PHASE                                          ITEMS
Package State Update Phase                       6/6
Image State Update Phase                         2/2
root@nfsvmpool02:/root# pkg install gnu-make
             Packages to install:  1
         Create boot environment: No
Create backup boot environment: No

DOWNLOAD                                  PKGS FILES    XFER (MB)
Completed                                  1/1 31/31      0.5/0.5

PHASE                                        ACTIONS
Install Phase                                  98/98

PHASE                                          ITEMS
Package State Update Phase                       1/1
Image State Update Phase                         2/2

However, gcc is not available afterwards:

root@nfsvmpool02:/root# gcc
-bash: gcc: command not found

I did the same on my r006 box using pkg install developer/gcc47, which
installed gcc as expected.
What did I do wrong? ;)

Thanks,
budy

Stephan Budach
Deputy Managing Director
Jung von Matt/it-services GmbH
Glashüttenstraße 79
20357 Hamburg

Tel: +49 40-4321-1353
Fax: +49 40-4321-1114
E-Mail: stephan.bud...@jvm.de
Internet: http://www.jvm.com

Geschäftsführer: Frank Wilhelm, Stephan Budach (stellv.)
AG HH HRB 98380