On 3/29/2015 9:51 AM, Matthew Lagoe wrote:
The intel cards are nice but they don't have any cx4 cards so we don't use
them. Copper connections have less latency on short links then fiber as you
don't have the electric to optical conversion (when done properly)

Do yourself a huge favor and go to the SFP+ direct attach stuff. Longer lengths, thinner cables, better cables, etc. The switches are becoming really inexpensive.

(I ordered pair of the Intel X520 DA2 cards from all of the recommendations here. I should have them tomorrow)