Hello,
in my server (latest stable release) I use netatalk to share files with OS X and I use CIFS (kernel) for Windows. I never noticed until now that the files made by the two operating systems have mismatching and incompatible permissions. This prevents me from modifying or deleting under an operating system the files created with the other one.

For example:

-rw-r--r--   1 olaf     olaf         469 Aug  2 17:12 scaletta.txt
                 owner@:rw-p--aARWcCos:-------:allow
                 group@:r-----a-R-c--s:-------:allow
              everyone@:r-----a-R-c--s:-------:allow
-rwx------+  1 olaf     olaf         469 Aug  2 17:12 scaletta2.txt
              user:olaf:rwxpdDaARWcCos:-------:allow
       group:2147483648:rwxpdDaARWcCos:-------:allow

The first one was generated by netatalk and correctly shows the permissions according to the user/group I used to login, it also inherited extended ACL according to the parent folder. The second file was created by Windows 8.1, when connected to my server using SERVER@username as login (to be sure I am logging in with a user local to the server), and added strange ACL: user:olaf/group:2147483648

The server is not connected to any AD and I am using a normal workgroup setup.

Where can I find some info to understand the issue? is there something obvious I missed? in my configuration?

Thanks!
Olaf Marzocchi