Hi,

I am facing upgrade problems, too.

Followed the instructions:
- detached all lipkg zones
- unset publisher omnios
- set publisher omnios (to r16)
- did the upgrade to r16
- rebooted

Everything worked as expected so far. However I cannot attach zones anymore.

# zoneadm -z <zonename> attach -u
gives the following error:

                Installing: Using pre-existing data in zonepath
       Global zone version: entire@11-0.151016:20151102T202622Z
   Non-Global zone version: entire@11-0.151014:20150914T123242Z
                     Cache: Using /var/pkg/publisher.
  Updating non-global zone: Output follows
Updating package cache                           1/1
Creating Plan (Running solver): /ERROR: Could not update attaching zone
                    Result: Attach Failed.

If I try to manually update the zone with:
# pkg -R <zonepath>/root update
the following error is shown:

Creating Plan (Running solver): \
pkg update: No solution was found to satisfy constraints
Plan Creation: Package solver has not found a solution to update to latest available versions.
This may indicate an overly constrained set of packages are installed.

latest incorporations:

  pkg://omnios/entire@11,5.11-0.151016:20151102T202622Z

pkg://omnios/incorporation/jeos/illumos-gate@11,5.11-0.151016:20151102T185724Z

pkg://omnios/consolidation/osnet/osnet-incorporation@0.5.11,5.11-0.151016:20151102T183750Z

pkg://omnios/incorporation/jeos/omnios-userland@11,5.11-0.151016:20151102T185924Z

The following indicates why the system cannot update to the latest version:

No suitable version of required package pkg://omnios/entire@11,5.11-0.151016:20151102T202622Z found:
    Reject:  pkg://omnios/entire@11,5.11-0.151016:20151102T202622Z
Reason: A version for 'require' dependency on pkg:/package/pkg@0.5.11,5.11-0.151016 cannot be found

Any ideas how to solve this?