Bob,

So far I've been happy with pkgsrc binaries created by Joyent. I've only had one issue with the qmail package and had to build it myself, other than that I haven't had an issue. I've also discovered a bug in checkpasswd-pam where they missed a Solaris vs Linux/BSD pam difference and reported it.

Gary