On Mon, 14 Mar 2016, CJ Keist wrote:

All,
Thought I try asking this question on this forum. In light of no snapshots, is there a way in ZFS to recover a recently deleted file? We do nightly backups, but this would be a file that was deleted before the coming daily backup. Does anyone know if there is a service that can do file recoveries from ZFS?

Hopefully this is not for a problem which has already occured. A solution would be to do zfs filesystem snapshots whenever important data has changed or at a high enough frequency that the probability of loss before backup is marginalized. Otherwise there is no assurance that the deleted data remains.

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn