Am 23.06.16 um 14:10 schrieb qutic development:
Am 23.06.2016 um 01:06 schrieb Josh Barton <josh.bar...@usurf.usu.edu>:

Any ideas why the HP is so much faster? It just has one Smart Array Controller
which I didn’t think would be faster than JBOD
Could you please provide a few more information about the servers? CPU speed,
cores, RAM, etc?

OmniOS tuned or all raw installations? All the same OmniOS version?

- Stefan
Smells like caching on the HP…

You could only compare those results, if you'd stuff your LSIs into the HP as well. A magnitude is quite a lot in that regard. Then, what does this benchmark actually do? How much of it is CPU bound and how much is I/O bound? And I know, that the SmartArray often times has quite an amount of RAM cache on board, especially, if you buy one those bigger boxes, like a 380.

Cheers,
Stephan