menu:

Welcome to the OmniOS installation menu

        1  Find disks, create rpool, and install OmniOS
        2  Install OmniOS straight on to a preconfigured rpool
        3  Shell (if you need to preconfigure rpool)
        4  Terminal type (currently sun-color)
        5  Reboot

Basically, #1 will use diskinfo(1M) to list the disks and let you select them.
#2 will find an imported and online pool named "rpool" that you configured in
advance, and install OmniOS on it.  #3 give you a shell to do such
configuration.

I'm somewhat along in this process, but it's VERY rough.  I have some of #2's
functionality working now.

If there are brave people who wish to try various stages of the new ISO
installer for OmniOS (it will also be the USB one... BSD Loader makes USB
construction simple once you have an ISO created), please let me know.

NOTE:  I do not have USB ready yet, just very VERY sketchy ISO images.  :)

NOTE 2: I'm ESPECIALLY interested in people on qemu or other virtualization
technologies, as this installer should not have the hangups about blkdev
devices that the old installer did.  If diskinfo(1M) in the shell sees it, you
can install on it.

Thanks,
Dan