From: onap-tsc-boun...@lists.onap.org [mailto:onap-tsc-boun...@lists.onap.org]
On Behalf Of li.z...@zte.com.cn
Sent: 15 May 2017 04:32
To: onap-...@lists.onap.org; onap-discuss@lists.onap.org
Subject: [onap-tsc] Project Proposal: External System Register

Dear ONAP TSC,

We would like to formally propose the External System Register project for ONAP.

ONAP components need to talk with external systems such as VIM/VNFM/SDNC/EMS to
orchestrate a network service, for example, SO/VF-C need to talk with VIM to
allocate resource and VNFM to deploy a VNF. So they should get the information
of available external systems from a registry before call the Interfaces of
these external systems.  ESR provides a service to centralized management of
the information (name, vendor, version, acess end point, etc.) of external
systems. So the ONAP components can get the system information with unified API
from a logical single point.

The proposal wiki page, which includes details of the project description
(including sub projects), project scopes, and proposed repo names, can be found
at: https://wiki.onap.org/display/DW/External+System+Register

Thanks,

LiZi

李滋 lizi

IT开发工程师 IT Development Engineer
网管及服务开发二部/中心研究院/系统产品 Network Management & Service Development Dept. II/Central
R&D Institute/System Product

[cid:image001.gif@01D2CDAD.FCB40C20]

[cid:image002.gif@01D2CDAD.FCB40C20]
成都市高新区天府大道中段800号中兴通大厦
ZTE Corporation Building, No. 800 Middle Section Tianfu Avenue,
Chengdu, P..R.China, 610041
M: +86 15583405168
E: li.z...@zte.com.cn<mailto:li.z...@zte.com.cn>
www.zte.com.cn<http://www.zte.com.cn/>