No, you're not misreading it.  A layer of mediation is a requirement of
multi-VIM.  There is however, no "requirement" (using the term strictly),
for SO to use it, particularly if it jeopardizes SO, and therefore the
entire system.  Having said that, obviously if multi-VIM is available as
planned in R1, and it provides all the needed functionality required by the
use cases, then it should be used.  This only makes sense because the MSO
already has Openstack capability.  It wouldn't make sense if a brand new
interface had to be developed as an alternative.  IOW, SO needs multi-VIM,
but has a fallback.

--DeWayne

--
DeWayne Filppi, Director, Solutions Architect <http://cloudify.co>