From: RAJU, CHINNAPPA [mailto:cr7...@att.com]
Sent: Monday, October 16, 2017 3:36 PM
To: Gary Wu <gary.i...@huawei.com>
Cc: 'onap-discuss@lists.onap.org' <onap-discuss@lists.onap.org>;
'onap_automat...@list.att.com' <onap_automat...@list.att.com>
Subject: Feedback on running tests in CSIT

Hi Gary,

I've the following feedback on testing in CSIT.

1.       Robot test scripts should not be dependent on the code (application)
availability and working of the code (application) to get into integration Repo.

o   After Committing to CSIT, test scripts (test code) is merged into
integration repo only if all the test cases are passed.

o   Test cases can fail even if there are issues with application code or
docker files or an env issue that is not dependent on Test scripts.

o   If Test scripts are not merged till everything passes, others cannot
download the latest test scripts.

o   Till we get the test scripts on Integration repo, it is difficult for
others on the team to pull and use the latest test scripts.

2.       VMs on CSIT were slow during R1 functional testing.

o   Dockers  take longer to come up and being functional.

o   We had to use some delays before running health check and other tests.

3.       VMs on CSIT are not accessible - This has been discussed before and
alternatives have been suggested. Including here for recording purpose.

o   It is hard to debug issues with the setup scripts and docker files if we
cannot logon to the VMs

Thanks & Regards,
Chinnappa Raju
SENIOR QUALITY TESTER