From: Xinhui Li <lxin...@vmware.com>
Date: Friday, 24 November 2017 at 10:01 PM
To: "onap-discuss@lists.onap.org" <onap-discuss@lists.onap.org>
Cc: "kp...@linuxfoundation.org" <kp...@linuxfoundation.org>
Subject: [onap-discuss][multicloud] Cancel this week's Multi Cloud meeting and
next step

Team,

I will cancel today’s meeting for Thanksgiving Day vacation. In a special day
like today, I would like to thank you for your efforts and contributions on
Multi VIM/Cloud project along the time. We successfully released our project as
part of Amsterdam in the last weekend. Cheers!
Primary Features
---------------------
* Keystone proxy for convenient integration with modules which depend on
original OpenStack functions
* Multiple VIM registry and unregister
* Resources LCM functions
* Auto-deployment support to both K8s and Heat
* Hierarchical binding based integration with the third party SDN controller
* Basic Fcaps alert collection support, VM abnormal status is thrown out as an
example
* Fake cloud based Unit and System test framework
* Complete code coverage detection, CSIT, and document framework
* Provide different Cloud backbend plugins, including: Vanilla OpenStack (based
on Ocata) and commercial Clouds including OpenStack (including Titanium -
Mitaka from Wind River and VIO - Ocata from VMware)

In the following weeks, we will start discussion in the community as a group
though emails about below topics:
A. Committer promotion(s) and Award Nomination(s): As a team, we will discuss
openly and conduct a vote of the committers, then we will ask for approval from
TSC. According to our charter - Initial Committers for a project will be
specified at project creation and new Committers for a project should have a
demonstrable established history of meritocratic contributions.
I would like to open up the promotion process by nominations. One source of
reference is gerrit statistics. Please refer to the attachment for the stats on
code commits and reviews since M1 of the past release. Considering the stage of
our project and the community release schedule, we treasure the code
contributions very much.

B. Planning for maintenance release: There will be an Amsterdam maintenance
release in mid-January. we will cooperate with Integration team on pair testing
and integration testing, fix bugs, and provide patches.  I will hold
across-team meeting for this.

C. Planning for Beijing release: we have discussed some thoughts with different
groups of people. I believe we will identify a practical way to evolve forward
and achieve the goal of carrier-grade for R2 – Beijing Release. Thanks!

Xinhui Li
Multi VIM/Cloud PTL