Hi,

I have executed the multicloud 'fake vim' demo to understand how the multicloud
broker identifies the required plugin. I have a few queries on what I observed.
Can someone from the multicloud team clarify if my understanding is correct and
reply to the queries I have:

1.       The multicloud broker queries AAI to find the registered cloud details
- mainly the 'cloud type'. Query is based on a naming convention used in the
url path of the broker,  '<cloud name>_<cloud_region>' (eg. vmware_fake)

2.       Based on the 'cloud type', it finds the relevant plugin. This seems to
be hardcoded currently.

3.       It calls the plugin by changing the URL path - this is also currently
hardcoded. In addition, the path changed is fixed - ../multicloud/ is changed
to ../<name of plugin>/

4.       In addition, the path always changes the hostname and port to that of
MSB.

Is there  a plan to make it more flexible in the coming release?

1.       AAI returns an identity URL when queried for cloud regions. Is it not
used currently - can it not be used?

2.       Why is there a strong dependency on MSB. Can it be removed and have an
optional ability to use it, if required. Alternative could be a configuration
of each plugin for the host path and port.

3.        Is there a plan to change the hardcoded mapping of cloud type to
plugin to that of a configuration.

4.       Is there a plan to not depend on the naming convention used in the
broker url path. (vmware_fake) and instead define a REST API that explicitly
specifies the cloud region and cloud name.

Regards,
Avdhut Kholkar
confidential and subject to the Amdocs policy statement, you may review at
https://www.amdocs.com/about/email-disclaimer
<https://www.amdocs.com/about/email-disclaimer>

Amdocs Development Centre India Private Limited having CIN:
U72200PN2004PTC0188320 converted into Amdocs Development Centre India LLP (A
limited liability partner­ship with LLP Identification Number: AAI-6901
effective 28th Feb 2017)