Gary, all,

Actually, digging and thinking about this, the solution that has been
implemented in OOM to support DCAE will not work with a shared DNS Designate
backend, e.g. if multiple ONAP instances are deployed, each one of them need
its own DNS Designate. The reason for that is, to accommodate DCAE VM
resolution of .simpledemo.onap.org hosts (aai, msb, sdc, policy), OOM creates a
simpledemo.onap.org. zone in which it will create the A record and a bunch of
CNAME, as it was done in the DNS VM.
The thing is, that simpledemo.onap.org zone will have records pointing to a
given instance of ONAP, and you cannot have multiple zones sharing the same
zone. Which means, we need https://gerrit.onap.org/r/#/c/28347/ for Amsterdam
ASAP so OOM can be used in the OpenLab. That patch basically instantiate a
small OpenStack in OOM with only the support for keystone and designate. This
way, no need to rely on infrastructure dns designate support.

Alexis