On 02/23/2018 11:35 AM, HERNANDEZ-HERRERO, JORGE wrote:
> Hello,
>
> May be I missed communication, but if could you share some advice.
>
> I noticed that from 2/8,  the staging repo, does not contain the daily
> release build artifacts
> (https://nexus.onap.org/content/repositories/staging/
>
> The daily release staging builds are deployed instead to another
> somewhat more obscure repo(s?) such as
>  https://nexus.onap.org/content/repositories/autorelease-40840/
> .
>
> Has the usage of https://nexus.onap.org/content/repositories/staging/
> for daily released artifacts been purposely stopped?
>
> Thank you,
> Jorge

Greetings Jorge,

The staging artifacts have always been deployed to a repository titled
autorelease-NNNN (or something similar if they have a different staging
profile). The use of the staging meta-repository was always seen as a
best effort sort of repository. Unfortunately, due to sever limitations
with how the staging subsystem of Nexus operates it was starting to
cause more and more problems for the system. As such, our forced hack to
make it operate more like a SNAPSHOT repository was disabled at the same
time that staging repositories were removed from the automatic
repository resolution in our builds (~1.5 months before Amsterdam released).

We will not be re-enabling that hack as it caused serious problem with
the system with how many staging repositories we operate.

-Andy-

--
Andrew J Grimberg
Lead, IT Release Engineering