Thank you Kiran. Looks like we all agreeing and nominating Jonathan Gathman as
the PTL of AAF.

-----Original Message-----
From: Kamineni, Kiran K via RT <onap-helpd...@rt.linuxfoundation.org>
Sent: Tuesday, July 10, 2018 12:24 PM
To: KOYA, RAMPRASAD <rk5...@att.com>
Cc: KOPP, ANNE E <ak1...@att.com>; LEFEVRE, CATHERINE <cl6...@intl.att.com>;
hg0071...@techmahindra.com; GATHMAN, JONATHAN C <jg1...@att.com>; GANDHAM, SAI
<sg4...@att.com>; zhaohuab...@gmail.com
Subject: [ONAP Helpdesk #58165] [linuxfoundation.org #58165] RE: AAF PTL
Nominations

+1 for Jonathan.

-- K i r a n

From: GATHMAN, JONATHAN C [mailto:jg1...@att.com]
Sent: Monday, July 09, 2018 3:12 PM
To: KOYA, RAMPRASAD <rk5...@att.com>; hg0071...@techmahindra.com;
zhaohuab...@gmail.com; Kamineni, Kiran K <kiran.k.kamin...@intel.com>; GANDHAM,
SAI <sg4...@att.com>
Cc: helpd...@onap.org; LEFEVRE, CATHERINE <cl6...@intl.att.com>; KOPP, ANNE E
<ak1...@att.com>
Subject: Re: AAF PTL Nominations

Greetings, Ram,
  Thanks for setting up the elections.

  I would like to officially nominate for the AAF PTL position.

  --- A little about myself, and why I would like to accept the position of PTL
for AAF ---

  I’ve been with AT&T for more than 20 years, during which I architected and
create many solutions including highly scalable Middleware Frameworks.  CADI
was a Framework I created to enable clients to utilize multiple Authentications
and different Authorizations.  AAF was conceived as an authorization module
from another AT&T system put into a RESTful interface.  Under my leadership, we
refined the concept to the product it is to, also converting it to Cassandra,
and a highly efficient, scalable access model.  I’ve been primary on AAF ever
since.

  A few years ago, I looked to the future, and realized that it would be better
have App-2-App be 2 way Certificate, but also realized there were problems
associated with this.  External ISP signing limited automation, and there was
no clean way to tie the resulting Certificates to the Authorizations already
known by User/Password.  Further, not everyone is a security expert, and is not
equipped to get the right X509 setup.  I created, with our Security
Organization’s blessing and help, a mechanism that ties in the authorizations
to the Certificate with only microseconds spent on the transaction… by tying
the process of authorization, and making it part of the Certificate itself.
This method, when fully implemented by ONAP, will give both heightened speed
and resiliency to Authentications.

  My experience in ONAP and Open source is being asked to bring over the
Production grade AT&T AAF into ONAP, but not just bring the code in, but make
AT&T’s libraries “ONAP First”.  This work, which you all participated and
helped us complete, was highly successful in a short time.  We just need to
help ONAP services work with it.

  Finally, I have already been involved with the ONAP TSC (consulting basis)
where I’ve been attending all meetings.  I am an active member of the ONAP
Security Team, attending all meetings, and, I would like to say, am
instrumental in providing path forward for ONAP Security in general.  Finally,
I have been educating the overall AAF Team on our weekly meetings.

  In short, I believe I have the expertise, not only as the originator and main
creator of these technologies, but I believe I have shown adaptability to learn
the ONAP Processes and Goals quickly, and at the same time, worked to help the
AAF sub-team grow.

  I would appreciate your vote for PTL of AAF, and hope to bring this project
into as solid a component for ONAP as it is for AT&T.

Thank you,

“Instrumental” (Jonathan Gathman)
Principled-System Architect
AT&T Services, Inc.