The obsolescence/upgrade of upstream specifications seems like a   problem we
need a generic solution for. These may not be major feature upgrades, but we
need to maintain parity with the larger industry.  Even if the RFC upgrade is
not supported in this release, I would expect we would need to support it in a
future release. Hence I would like to find a way to track this in JIRA and
assign it to a future release so that we don't forget about it.  We can
reconsider the task as we review the next release planning whether this sort of
upgrade should be supported in that release. I can create a task/story  in
VNFRQTS for the upgrade there, but I would need corresponding tasks for the
upgrades that would need to be in place elsewhere in the ONAP platform
components and have them assigned to those components.
Does this seem a reasonable way to proceed?