Tal,

I was actually referring that, this view point was presented by you during
the call and I second that. Now coming to the points raised on
anti-cloud-native, IMHO cloud native doesn't have to be related with
intelligence of the infrastructure. All it needs is to run anywhere without
having legacy baggage and should fit into the description of
"use-and-throw" . aka flexibility to introduce change without affecting the
rest of the factory. Separating controllers from orchestrators exactly
alludes such flexibility, which is much needed in operator environment.

Another reason why I bend towards BPMN is because it is a gigantic shell
script, using which I can attain almost anything in any way I want. Whereas
using TOSCA for orchestration constrain me with its limited primitives and
extending the same would then call out for a proprietary version, thereby
losing its "standard" mask. E2E TOSCA is an orchestration nirvana that even
I'm dreaming of, provided if industry can derive a
tosca_simple_profile_for_network_services.yaml .

With regards to your point on "all your resources should have to be
modelled in TOSCA & BPMN", if you look today, TOSCA is almost there to
describe a network service, except for a well defined baseline of telco
workflows. All it has is a list of primitives for cloud workflows and
policies to enforce on the nodes. If we bridge this particular gap ( here
in this case using BPMN ), then IMHO, TOSCA can successfully express all
that is needed for a network service ( be it ETSI or ONAP or any other
definition of service ).

I would completely agree with your intent on making ONAP's SO flexible, but
I would also like to point out that, IMHO ONAP's SO should be generic
enough to create any network service with any workflow possible and here is
one way of potentially achieving it in near term, considering present
architecture.

BR,
Viswa

<http://www.verizon.com>