We are working on integrating PNDA applications with the DMaaP component in
ONAP:DCAE (https://jira.onap.org/browse/DCAEGEN2-371). In a first phase, we
would like to cross-post topics between PNDA and DMaaP and process the streams
of messages. For this, we have created a test environment where we are posting
directly to the Kafka broker underneath the DMaaP component. We understand that
the DMaaP component is meant to be used through its REST endpoint. As pointed
by Donald in the Story above, we are concerned about the performance impact of
switching to the DMaaP REST endpoint instead of directly using a Kafka
endpoint. Could you detail your view on the matter of performance and what the
preferred method would be?

Alternatively, we propose having a Kafka endpoint exposed as a NodePort or
running a Kubernetes container as a Kafka forwarder.

Looking forward to your feedback!

Best regards,
--
Cristina Precup