Hi Michael, Brian, Seshu and all,

While explaining ONAP at high level to somebody who is novice to ONAP, but very
knowledgeable on network service orchestration, few questions came up on
functional decomposition and I did not have good answer. May be you could help.

Today, ONAP design time is used to onboard VNFs, compose services using VNFs.
ONAP SDC notifies ONAP run time when new VNF is onboarded, or service is
changed etc...   ONAP run time comes in picture when the onboarded/composed
service is instantiated.

Questions that came up were :

-        Can ONAP run time be used with some third party onboarding tools (My
sense is that they have very good onboarding tool and hence likes to use that
and use ONAP run time)? What kind of glue logic is expected to be developed?

-        Digging deeper:

o   What does ONAP-run time expect? How do services and VNFs artifacts would
need to look like for ONAP-run-time?

o   What needs to be programmed in A&AI before allowing service instantiation.

o   What needs to be programmed in SDNC, Policy, DCAE, Multi-Cloud if there is
no SDC?

Did you see this kind of decomposition request come from anybody? In any case,
is there something that is documented to answer above questions?

Thanks
Srini