On this
“Probably, there needs to be well defined folder for Cloud based artifacts like
azure, aws templates, k8s ymls, etc. The only issue I see if SDC retains the
structure that you upload.
“
I also think that there should be well defined folder for cloud based
artifacts. Let us work out details. In today architecture meeting also, Chaker
from Huawei requested for changes we are suggesting in CSAR.

The current code in SO that ingests SDC TOSCA looks for a Heat file. Hence it
fails to load the artifacts the its DB

Yes. We will be proposing changes to SO to make it HEAT independent. Since SO
does not interpret (correct me if I am wrong here) the HEAT and ENV artifacts,
thinking of SO avoiding downloading of artifacts. It is up to the Multi-Cloud
to download these artifacts and analyze them to make API calls to cloud.

I have one more topic and set of questions on SDNC preloads. Since you are
using these as per documentation, trying to understand from you the benefit of
SDNC preload vs using UserParams.

-        Is SDNC preload per service basis or per service instance basis or
both?

-        What kind of information are you expecting from SDNC preloads in case
of Azure based workload deployment?

-        Can SDNC preload be avoided and use UserParams of ‘CreateVNF’ API of
SO to pass parameters and values (from VID)? In K8S too, there is concept
called ‘values’. This is similar to ‘parameters’ in case of HEAT.  Thought
process is that ‘values’ (that need to be overridden on instance basis) is sent
via userParams.  But we see SDNC preload and hence wondering when to use which
one.

On Day0 configuration:

-        How is it passed in case of Azure workloads?

-        In case of K8S, thought process is  that same  VNF is used for
multiple instances. There would need to be instance specific (like customer)
Day0 configuration.  In K8S, Day0 configuration is expected to be passed during
workload deployment (as configMap).  Hence thought process is to let Day0
configuration is uploaded (via API) on per customer basis.  During service
instantiation (as part of createVNF API of SO), we expect VID to pass Day0
configuration reference as UserParams. And expect SO to pass this information
to MC.  K8S plugin of MC gets the Day0 configuration from the reference and use
it to create configMap as per Helm charts.  I am wondering how Day0
configuration is being taken care in case of Azure based plugin.

Thanks
Srini