Hello

Service Resolver has been presented to Arch subcommittee
The recommendation was to study the possibility to implement those functions in
existing SDC/SO/Policy components instead of having a new project/component.

The current view about that approach is:

-       SDC has already main necessary modeling features (not exactly CFS/RFS
but service composed of potential sub-services along with some new policies)

-       ONAP SO, there is the need for a development effort to implement a new
process that will have to manage service decomposition, the instantiationRule
requests to policy framework and eventually instantiate the sub-services).
About “Third-Party Domain” feature, there is also the need for ONAP SO to
detect that a service order needs to be transferred to an external ONAP

-       ONAP Policy, there is the need to implement the “logic” about the
instantiationRules

About “Third-Party Domain” feature, there is also the need for ONAP SO to
detect that a service order needs to be transferred to an external ONAP

Service Resolver implementation can then be considered as a “laboratory” for
those ideas.
Anyway, it can also be used/developed outside of ONAP community (at least for
demo purpose): the code (no perfect) is open source.

I will be at Antwerp next week and will present Service Resolver during a
“lightning talk” https://sched.co/SYtu

Best regards