De : RICHOMME Morgan TGI/OLN
Envoyé : mardi 30 juin 2020 17:02
À : ZWARICO, AMY; 'Pawel Pawlak'; DESBUREAUX Sylvain TGI/OLN; Krzysztof
Opasiak; ROUZAUT Fabian TGI/OLN
Cc : Geissler, Andreas; cc6...@intl.att.com; Daniel Rose; cl6...@att.com;
plata...@research.att.com; FREEMAN, BRIAN D; b.grzybow...@partner.samsung.com;
marcin.przyb...@nokia.com; eric.w.multa...@intel.com; Kuzmicki, Krzysztof
(Nokia - PL/Wroclaw); p.wieczor...@samsung.com; onap-discuss@lists.onap.org
Objet : [ONAP] [Guilin] [SECCOM] [Integration] check certificates, open
questions and result table and success criteria

Hi,

I updated the test to verify the certificates:
https://gerrit.onap.org/r/c/integration/+/109207

I see 3 possible "modes": nodeports, internal and ingress

for the moment I worked the nodeport mode, you will find attached the results
of the test on the daily frankfurt.
I have some questions for SECCOM/OOM.

For this test, I retrieve all the ONAP services from the kubernetes client,
then for each service I give a try to the nodeport.
then at the end I build a table, the main table includes the following fields
Component = service name | Port = node port | Expiration date  | Remaining days
| Cluster IP = cluster IP associated with the node port | Root CA = info got
from the certificate issuer | Root CA Validity

The other tables below correspond to specific errors (SSL, connection,..), I do
not consider them as error criteria as the test being executed from outside the
cluster, it is usually logical to get the error but I prefer to keep a trace in
a table.
I should be able to test these ports in internal mode later.

Question 1: Expiration date and Remaining days are redundant: shall I keep the
2 columns or keep only the remaining days?

I do consider 2 parameters for the test success criteria
- the certificate remaining days
- the root CA validity

The color code is as follow and can be easily amended if you have any
recommendations or design advices

remaining days
 > 1000 => line is light blue
Question 2: 1000 is totally arbitrary, what is the recommendation to say that
the certificates is probably too long > 365 > 1000 > ?
 30< expiration < 60 => line is orange
 expiration < 30 => line is red light
 = 364 (+ Root CA OK) => line is green light => it corresponds to
auto-generated certificates
no color in any other case

Question 3: are you OK with the color code?

Question 4: Shall I keep the error table or is it misleading?

root CA
if I got C=US;O=ONAP;OU=OSAAF;CN=intermediateCA_9 => I consider the Root CA as
OK => Validity is a green square
if not => red circle

Both indicators are independent
we can be red with a good certificate Root CA and we can be green and have a
red circle if the certificate is still valid but the Root CA not correct

At the end the success criteria is False is 1 of the certificate is under 30
days or Root CA are not correct.
It means that it will be FAIL until everything is fxed..

Question 5: success criteria => only expiration date or expiration date + root
CA?

Question 6: shall we plan a xfail list here?

Question 7: Note I added the Cluster IP for information, any other info you
would like to see in the table?

I started working on the integration in CI
Once open questions clarified, the code in integration repository will be merged
I will create a xtesting docker (I did already one quickly in gitlab.com, I
will create a new patch in ONAP as xtesting and its associated docker build
chain has be reintegrated in ONAP repositories)
I put this test in the infra-healthcheck docker (was almost ready from a
dependency perspective)

+--------------------------------+------------------+------------------+----------------+
|   TEST CASE       |  PROJECT  | DURATION |  RESULT  |
+--------------------------------+------------------+------------------+----------------+
| nodeport_check_certs |  security   |  00:02     |  FAIL     |

Once the new docker would be created, the test will be automatically run, I
would 'just" need to adapt the dashboard to display the result of this test
(daily and gating)

/Morgan

falsifie. Merci.

this message and its attachments.