Hi,

let’s get back to this with a better header (looks like I didn’t have any
proper subject last time)

The mysterious exception about DelegateExecutionImpl mentioned in the original
mail, i.e.

2020-08-04T07:31:58.813Z|bc79ec63-71f4-49d9-b476-21dd0bfc43b9|camundaTaskExecutor-3|WorkflowActionBB||||ERROR|500||Runtime
 error : Error while evaluating expression:
${AbstractCDSProcessingBBUtils.constructExecutionServiceInputObject(InjectExecution.execute(execution,
 execution.getVariable("gBuildingBlockExecution")))}. Cause: Cannot coerce from
class org.onap.so.bpmn.common.DelegateExecutionImpl to interface
org.camunda.bpm.engine.delegate.DelegateExecution

started resurfacing randomly last week in our Frankfurt deployments when trying
to instantiate a VNF via SO after being absent for a few weeks. We can add a
few observations now:

*       most of our deployments do not have this problem, but when they do, it
happens consistently in VNF instantiation on that specific deployment (there
shouldn’t be anything different between the working and failing envs; one day
the same environment works, next night it’s redeployed and starts failing, next
night it’s redeployed again with the same package and works again)
*       SO pbmn pod restart fixes the problem
*       there doesn’t seem to be any hints whatsoever in the SO pbmn pod logs
regarding the source of the failure; while this is clearly caused some sort of
timing issue in the pod startup, the actual startup logs of a working and
failing pod seem to be exactly identical (!?)

We therefore have a simple workaround to deal with this whenever we encounter
the issue now, but we still welcome any suggestions for further troubleshooting
in the hope of being able to avoid this altogether,

br,

Lasse