Dear ONAP PTLs:

We are holding a virtual meeting tomorrow to go over REQ-386: Apply common
Swagger style and documentation generation tools to create robust ONAP API
documentation.
See: https://jira.onap.org/browse/REQ-386
The meeting is scheduled for 9:00am-10:00am eastern US (13:00-14:00 UTC) on
https://zoom.us/j/731954210
See:
https://lists.onap.org/g/onap-modelingsub/viewevent?repeatid=18373&eventid=860845&calstart=2020-08-14

We simplified REQ-386 by focusing on two items:
Required 1: We are asking that each project place their exposed API definitions
in a common path structure inside Git/Gerrit:
<Component>/docs/api/swagger/
Required 2: When the API definitions for the project are stable and ready to be
documented, we are asking that each project use Redoc to produce an HTML
version of the Swagger API definition
See:
https://wiki.onap.org/display/DW/Using+Redoc+to+Generate+API+Reference+Documentation

We will have the remaining items as stretch goals for Guilin (this lets us
phase in better API documentation):
Stretch Goal 1: We are expecting each project to adhere to the simplified
"Phase 1+ OpenAPI Style guide" See:
https://wiki.onap.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=81397461
We greatly simplified the required elements of the style guide to focus on some
very simple updates to the info sections, versioning, and essential Swagger
elements.
Stretch Goal 2: We are using a linter called Spectral. I am currently working
on an updated ruleset for the simplified version of the style guide. Also, Eric
Debeau<https://jira.onap.org/secure/ViewProfile.jspa?name=eric.debeau> is
exploring ways to integrate Spectral as part of the ONAP CI process.
For more information on Spectral please see:
https://wiki.onap.org/display/DW/API+Style+Validation+Tool

Please join the Zoom meeting if you have any questions or would like to discuss
the details around this non-functional requirement.

Best Regards,
Andy

Andy Mayer, Ph.D. | PMTS, Network Cloud and Infrastructure | AT&T Labs | Phone:
+1 (732) 420-9945 | am8...@att.com<mailto:am8...@att.com>
[cid:image001.jpg@01D2E10C.0410C230]