From: onap-discuss@lists.onap.org [mailto:onap-discuss@lists.onap.org] On
Behalf Of Rajendra Prasad Mishra
Sent: Wednesday, May 12, 2021 12:08 AM
To: onap-discuss@lists.onap.org; Rajendra Prasad Mishra
<rpmis...@aarnanetworks.com>
Cc: Bhagyalakshmi R <rbhagy...@gmail.com>; vishal.official1...@gmail.com;
Vamshi Namilikonda <vn00480...@techmahindra.com>
Subject: Re: [onap-discuss] #vid

Hi  Bhagyalakshmi, Vishal,
                  I believe you are now successfully able to deploy ONAP on
OpenShift. I am also trying the same stuff and require some help.
We are able to do the basic changes (around security context, anyuid etc.) on
OpenShift and are able to get multiple components up on OpenShift.

However, we are facing issues with AAF component, specifically around configmap
in aaf-sms.
The log says that the " /opt/app/osaaf/local/org.onap.aaf-sms.key" file is not
found.
This file is provided using configMap by certInitilizer component in ONAP.
The same chart works well on other K8 clusters.

So the question is, did you guys do anything specific on OpenShift specially
around ConfigMap ?
If possible can you share the helm chart diff for common/CertInitlizer and
AAF/aaf-sms components.

For the record, we are using Guilin release with helm 3 based deployment.

I would also like to know how you dealt with NFS server issue (the
/dockerdata-nfs mounts)

Here is the error log of aaf-sms pod.
----------

INFO: 2021/05/10 08:53:48 vault.go:521: Vault is already Initialized
WARNING: 2021/05/10 08:53:48 vault.go:389: Unable to find RoleID. Generating...
ERROR: 2021/05/10 08:53:48 auth.go:226: Read from file: open auth/role: no such
file or directory
ERROR: 2021/05/10 08:53:48 vault.go:405: Creating Policy: Error making API
request.URL: PUT http://aaf-sms-db:8200/v1/sys/policy/smsvaultpolicy
Code: 503. Errors:* Vault is sealed
ERROR: 2021/05/10 08:53:48 vault.go:85: InitRole First Attempt: Unable to
create policy for approle creation
INFO: 2021/05/10 08:53:48 vault.go:86: InitRole will try again later
ERROR: 2021/05/10 08:53:48 auth.go:79: Read PEM File: open
/opt/app/osaaf/local/org.onap.aaf-sms.key: no such file or directory
ERROR: 2021/05/10 08:53:48 auth.go:61: Read Key File: open
/opt/app/osaaf/local/org.onap.aaf-sms.key: no such file or directory
ERROR: 2021/05/10 08:53:48 sms.go:73: Get TLS Configuration: open
/opt/app/osaaf/local/org.onap.aaf-sms.key: no such file or directory
2021/05/10 08:53:48 open /opt/app/osaaf/local/org.onap.aaf-sms.key: no such
file or directory

-------

thanks,

-RP Mishra

On Thu, May 6, 2021 at 4:31 PM Rajendra Prasad Mishra via
lists.onap.org<http://lists.onap.org>
<rpmishra=aarnanetworks....@lists.onap.org<mailto:aarnanetworks....@lists.onap.org>>
 wrote:
Hi Bhagyalakshmi,
    I hope I understood your question correctly.

    I just checked, and it looks like VID  is not sharing the DB in guilin. VID
uses its own private DB in Guilin. So we should have no issues with that.
Now if you want to deploy version 8 of VID on Guilin, just change the image
version to 8 and try that.

If you copy the VID helm charts from master to guilin it will fail as master
has shared DB.

As far as "lower_case_table_names" is concerned, it is a DB property and should
not impact VID or SO.

As per the link on mariadb doc
(https://mariadb.com/docs/reference/mdb/system-variables/lower_case_table_names/)

"The lower_case_table_names system variable determines whether table names,
table aliases, and database names are compared in a case-sensitive manner, and
whether tablespace files are stored on disk in a case-sensitive manner.:

· When set to 0 (the default on Unix-based systems), table names, table
aliases, and database names are compared in a case-sensitive manner.

· When set to 1 (the default on Windows), table names and database names are
stored in lowercase and compared in a case-insensitive manner."
As we see above setting it to 1 will make the comparison "case-insensitive"
which means SO or any other utility can pass the name in CAPITAL or small
letters.

So if I understand correctly, there should be no change in behaviour of SO or
VID. Unless of course, SO or other components use two different table/db names
differentiated only by their case (e.g. TABLE1 and table1 are two different
tables).

thanks,
-RP

On Thu, May 6, 2021 at 3:41 PM Bhagyalakshmi R