Not sure I follow your logic. The support for BPEL/BPMN was flawed in TOSCA
1.0 .. are you saying that the reason for supporting your proposal is
because something similar existed in TOSCA 1.0? How can this be a good
argument: to bring such flawed support forward in TOSCA 1.x YAML version? I
was not involved at the time in TOSCA work, neither was I during the
transition to YAML. But I have to give credit to those that were involved
that decided to NOT bring forward a flawed, inconsistent and incomplete
mechanism for handling workflows.

We can agree that there may be a need for cooperation between a TOSCA-based
orchestrator with external workflow engines; there may be real use cases
that may require that.
My point remains that there is no need to reflect this in the TOSCA
standard. But I could support reflecting such cooperation in the TOSCA
standard if we were to offer a complete/consistent cooperation solution.
That is not the case with the current proposal, and that is the reason for
me not supporting the current proposal.

Best regards,
Michael