Huabing,

I recognize the need in ONAP to support delegation in TOSCA to external
workflow engines. I have said this repeatedly, and still am
miss-interpreted.
This has nothing to do with backward compatibility to TOSCA 1.0, it only
has to do with supporting "facts on the ground/existing implementations".
We should get this agreed once for all, and it became obvious in ONAP's
Friday modeling discussion.

It also became clear that some of these "facts-on-the-ground" use TOSCA in
a limited way. This is OK, and I have no issue with that. I can support in
TOSCA TC to find the right mechanism to delegate externally, but only if we
do it in a way that is complete: that means we need to not only specify how
to "get out of TOSCA" but also has to include how to "get back to TOSCA",
and "what is the TOSCA orchestrator supposed to do after it delegates
externally". I suggest we work jointly to resolve these issues.

Further, your claim that I am the only one opposing the half-way solution
on the table is incorrect, and you know it. Luc Boutier in the TOSCA TC is
also vehemently opposed, and partly at least for the same reasons as those
quoted by me.

It would be great if we stop making unfounded claims in one community, by
quoting only partially what happens in another community, and it would be
better to focus joint energy to resolve the issue in a consistent and
complete technical manner in the TOSCA TC. Please realize that you
absolutely CANNOT resolve TOSCA TC discussions/debates in the ONAP
community alone, and this is not the appropriate way for you to convince me
to drop my opposition in TOSCA TC.
The right way to have me support this is by resolving the technical issues
that I raised.

Best regards,
Michael

On Wed, May 10, 2017 at 3:16 AM, <zhao.huab...@zte.com.cn> wrote:

> Hi Amir and all,
>
> Both OPEN-O and OpenECOMP have used TOSCA for service topology modelling
> and BPMN/BPEL for lifecycle management process modelling. After the merger,
> ONAP will inherit the existing codes from OPEN-O and OpenECOMP and continue
> to use BPMN/BPEL in SO/VF-C.
>
> However, I noticed that TOSCA has removed the support for BPMN/BPEL in
> v1.1[1] which is recommended in the Topology and Orchestration
> Specification for Cloud Applications Version 1.0[2].
>
> This incompatible change of TOSCA specification may cause unpredictable
> effects to existing opensource projects, in particular, the ONAP, which
> have already adopted BPMN as its lifecycle management process modelling.
>
> To harmonize the opensource and standards, I am co-proposing a proposal[3]
> with Lingli(CMCC), Claude(AT&T) and Shitaoto(Huawei) to suggest OASIS TOSCA
> revert standard workflow DSLs support such as BPMN/BPEL in the next version
> of simple YAML specification.
>
> The proposal has been discussed in the OASIS TOSCA for a couple of weeks
> and most of the members agreed on it except the strong pushback from
> Michael of Gigaspaces.
>
> I think this proposal is for the best interest of ONAP community, so I'm
> writing this mail to solicit supports from Gigaspaces and all the other
> community members who are both in ONAP and OASIS TOSCA WG.
>

> [1] http://docs.oasis-open.org/tosca/TOSCA-Simple-Profile-
> YAML/v1.1/TOSCA-Simple-Profile-YAML-v1.1.html
>
> [2] http://docs.oasis-open.org/tosca/TOSCA/v1.0/TOSCA-v1.0.html
>
> [3] https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/tosca/
> download.php/60604/Issue_TOSCA318_Lack%20of%20BPMN%
> 20BPEL%20support-v-2017-04-25.pptx
>

> Thanks,
>
> Huabing

Michael Brenner, Chief Architect NFV