Mazin and Junjie,

As I was preparing the DCAE project proposal,  I had the same impression as
Mazin that Holmes correlation engine appeared to align well with DCAE's micro
service analytics architecture.  Hence I put in a placeholder for possible
harmonization  with Holmes.

However this afternoon I had some time to briefly scan through Holmes Mercury
source code and now I am actually feeling less confident about this impression.

Holmes implementation appears to consist of code around two major functional
components, a DB (mysql) and a rule engine (Drools).  The rules are stored in
DB, and loaded into Drools engine.  The Drools engine monitors Active MQ topics
for alarms, then matches alarms with some rules.  Is this high level
understanding correct?

If so, this actually appears to resemble some of the Policy Engine
implementations more than DCAE analytics (cc-ing Pam, who is Policy Engine
lead).  I think we need to schedule a deep dive meeting finding how to best
align.  Given now it is already Friday afternoon in China, shall we target
early next week?

Thanks,
Lusheng