Dear all,

Thanks for attending yesterday's meeting.

Here is meeting's summary:

1.       I will approach separately all relevant PTLs (see more detailed
summary below) urging them to attend corresponding use cases meetings

2.       Going forward, we move to weekly meetings, following doodle poll
results. Next week we will also require slot during virtual meeting

3.       R1 use cases: vCPE and vVoLTE use cases were presented by Kang Xi/Jon
Fannar and Yang Xe/Chengli Wang correspondingly. Both use cases leaders report
good progress and good chances of completing all definitions and close on
required functionality with all projects this week. The following points still
pending discussions though:

a.       vCPE

                                                               i.      Today
meeting will be held with SO/SDC/SDN-C teams.  Gil Bullard will present an
updated version of the vCPE service model in this meeting. PTLs - please
attend, this is critical for correct projects' interpretation of what is
required to do

                                                             ii.
DCAE/Intel discussion to close packets' format has already started, will be
completed this week

                                                            iii.      Brian
Freeman started experimenting with onboarding a vCPE VNF with generic Unix
machine heat templates

b.      vVoLTE

                                                               i.      Meetings
with CLAMP/DCAE/HOLMES teams were held. There is pending issue on direct
connection of HOLMES (not via DCAE) and this need to be handled by Architecture
subcommittee ASAP. I will issue separate email on this

                                                             ii.      Meetings
with SDC/SDN-C team will be held this week. PTLs - please attend, this is
critical for correct projects' interpretation of what is required to do

                                                            iii.      Gil
Bullard wil be requested to help with defining a model which drives the use case

                                                           iv.      A question
on whether vIMS+vEPC is enforced as a single request coming from SO (i.e. as a
single network service or not). It was clarified that it is up to
implementation, as VF-C can support it both ways. It will also be checked with
SO team, and the corresponding clarification will be included in the use case
description

                                                             v.      For
overlay - whether Openstack or hardware will be used - discussions with Brian
Freeman were initiated, once agreed, an update on results will be provided

4.       Helen (Integration Project PTL) requested to review all use cases till
the end of this month, to make sure that all functionality is well understood
and closed before functionality freeze (beginning of August). We will have
meeting during next week's virtual meeting and also the following week to
review and close on this. Integration team members will join this meeting.

5.       R2 use cases:

a.       MEC (mobile edge computing, based on ETSI MEC specifications) will be
added as one of potential 5G use cases

b.      Timeframe for Use case subcommittee's  R2 use cases consolidated
proposal to the TSC - September's f2f meeting

c.       Long (China Telecom) presented revised version of Enterprise vCPE use
case. It was asked to move it under R2 use cases definitions
https://wiki.onap.org/display/DW/Release+2+Use+Cases

d.      Network Function Change Management will also be revised by AT&T as use
case and included in R2 use cases proposal

e.      It was clarified that, based on proposals, we will see if/how to merge
different proposals and which exact functionality we target for R2

f.        All - you are more than welcomed to submit your proposals and
initiate email discussions. We will then take discussions during our meetings,
as time permits (first priority - R1 use cases required discussions and actions)

Best regards,

Alla Goldner

Open Network Division
Amdocs Technology