Hi Alla: Thanks for sharing your views. This is a good discussion to be had –
Focus on base ONAP capabilities or put some emphasis on new use cases. My
opinion is the following:

1)       I see these two things as somewhat linked and not disjointed from each
other. As we look at missing ONAP platform capabilities, it is helpful to look
at them in the context of certain use cases. The use cases also help with
continuous integration and validation of platform capabilities. We need to
strike a balance for R2 – A) Not a laundry list of use cases, yet a couple of
interesting use cases that allow us to drive mindshare for ONAP e.g. 5G Network
Slicing and SDWAN and 2) It is important to address the capabilities gap in
ONAP and ensure we continue to make it stable and a complete service
orchestration platform.

2)       I would also emphasize what we agreed during the June F2F – The use
cases are not intended to be fully featured, fully tested, commercially
deployable solutions. The use cases are meant as a development vehicle for
validating key capabilities of ONAP and to facilitate continuous integration
and validation.

3)       We are quickly headed to the 5G transition which presents a host of
interesting services and business opportunities for the service provider
ecosystem. IMO, we need to look at a few base capabilities in support of 5G.
Network Slicing would be an interesting use case to start with. We will need to
define the scope carefully to ensure that it does not become a kitchen sink. I
thought Vimal Begwani made a great start at defining this use case that some of
us are contributing to.

4)       The SDWAN is a natural adjacency to vCPE use case in ONAP R1. This
should not add a lot of complexity.

My summary is therefore to focus on: 1) a couple of prioritized use cases for
R2 (5G Network Slicing and SDWAN) and 2) Drive continued emphasis on making
ONAP architecture and base capabilities robust.

Regards,
Rajesh