Dear ONAP TSC Members,

We had several discussion sessions regarding “Heat template vs OOM” with PTLs,
a lot of emails follow ups in past 4+ weeks, and we also tested OOM and Heat
template in Integration lab in past two weeks. Here are our conclusions:

1.       Heat template deployment is more mature than OOM with Kubernetes at
this moment

2.       Most of the OpenECOMP projects have done integration test with Heat
template while Kubernetes based has not done any

3.       PTLs / key developers feel less comfortable to “learn” a new tool at
this time

Based on above reasons, Integration team recommends to use Heat template as
ONAP platform deployment strategy in Amsterdam Release.

Please send your email vote for “whether you approve using Heat template as
ONAP platform deployment strategy in Amsterdam Release”, options are:
+1: approve
0: no opinion
-1: disapprove

Due: 9/20/2017, 6:00PM PDT.

Kenny, please help us collect the result. The result will impact our
integration testing priority and integration lab resource allocation priority.

Regards,
Helen Chen