Hi Steve,

The points you've raised are the same ones that prompted my email. Anyone is
always welcome at any Subcommittee meeting either as an active participant,
accidental tourist, interested party or concerned onlooker. They do not have to
be on the wiki membership roster or the mailing list to attend a meeting.

However, even if they passively attend a meeting and do perform work behind the
scenes, they would be missing any and all of the email-based discussions for
the subcommittee.

As mentioned, I haven't really looked into Seccom yet so I don't know its
status, but in a more general sense attendance records for the subcommittee
meetings seem to be sparse or non-existent. Without such records is not
possible to identify people on the membership roster who may be passively
listening to the meetings at a minimum. There is no way to differentiate them
from someone on the roster in name only that neither attends meetings or
receives email.

A governance model where "Membership" has no real definition or meaning is not
governance.

The question is, "Do we care about that?"

Speaking on a purely personal level as Kenny the community member and not Kenny
the PM, yes, I do care great deal. I care because in less than a minute anyone
in the world can benefit themselves while doing absolutely nothing whatsoever
to contribute to our community. All it takes is adding their name to a roster
and then they can put "ONAP XYZ Subcommittee Member" on their resume or list of
accomplishments.  While using what we produce without contributing may be
unfortunate, but perfectly acceptable in open source, using us to benefit just
ain't right. End personal opinion.

One year after the launch of our project there were still dozens of approved
Committers that had never even received their credentials for to perform a
commit.  Just as we've been cleaning that up, based upon what I've discovered,
it seems that the subcommittee membership is the next area to address.

Thanks!

-kenny