Thank you Kenny for initiating this conversation and for outlining many of

the choices.  I agree that we should have on a common approach to

addressing vacancies in the TSC.

I've listed some options below.  I suggest that we 1) agree if these are

the right options, and 2) conduct a vote to determine which option the TSC

favors.  Once that decision is made, the updates to the charter language

can be drafted and approved by the TSC.

Operator-reserved seats

1.  Vacated seat remains vacant until next election

2.  Vacated member's company can assign a replacement

        note: need to agree on who in the company can make that decision

3. New election for vacated seat initiated within 30 days of seat being

vacated

        note: this would apply if multiple candidates might run from that

operator, since only members from that operator would be eligible for the

vacated seat

        Variation A:  If vacancy occurs within 90 days of end of the

member's term, seat will remain vacant until next election

Non-reserved seats

1.  Vacated seat remains vacant until next election

2. New election for vacated seat initiated within 30 days of seat being

vacated

        Variation A:  If vacancy occurs within 90 days of end of the

member's term, seat will remain vacant until next election

        Variation B: If vacancy occurs within 60 days after a full TSC

election, the runner-up shall be assigned the seat

My commentary:  For operator-reserved seats, I'm open to either assigning

a replacement (option 2, if we can agree on who would do that - vacating

member? LFN Board member?) or holding an election (option 3 with variation

A) if we really think multiple people from one operator would run.  For

non-reserved seats, I'm in favor of Option 2 with variation A.  As Kenny

stated, assigning the runner-up is unfair in a system that limits seats to

one-per-company (since a qualified candidate maybe didn't run in lieu of

someone else from that company already running).

Please respond if you think there are options not covered here.

Regards,

Jason Hunt

Distinguished Engineer, IBM

Phone: 314-749-7422