ONAP components are delivered in a somewhat monolith form, e.g. each container
of each application have the same image tag, are never released individually,
AFAIK. For instance, when there is a fix for one container, say in SDNC, it’s
the all the SDNC containers that get released, same for SO, AAI, etc...

Right now repo structure is somewhat free for all, making thing hard to grasp
for new comers, to maintain for PTL, to debug/dev/search for developer, and to
release for RelEng.

I agree having one repo per container can be ideal in some cases, but reality
is currently different. With the number of containers in ONAP, I’m not
convinced this is the best path forward. Having one repo per project with CI/CD
based on sub-folders of the repo could be also a good answer to address the
need (note: SO is *not* an example of that, having one module building all the
images, rather than each module building their own).

I believe this is a very good discussion for TSC to have, in order to come up
with best practices and then having them reflected across projects.