LFN Community:

We hope that you are planning to attend the Open Networking & Edge Summit
North America
<https://events.linuxfoundation.org/open-networking-edge-summit-north-america/>,
April 20-21, in Los Angeles, California. Those in attendance at the last
four ONS events will recall that we hosted an LF Networking Booth that
showcased many community-driven demos from the LFN technical project
communities. Our goal is to showcase compelling uses of LFN Networking
<https://www.lfnetworking.org/> & LF Edge <https://www.lfedge.org/> project
technology to solve real world industry challenges. See this blog post
<https://www.lfnetworking.org/uncategorized/2019/09/09/twelve-community-driven-demos-highlight-innovation-and-integration-across-the-networking-stack/>
from
ONS Europe last fall to get a sense for what types of demos have been shown
in the LF Networking Booth.

In 2020, the Open Networking & Edge Summit is expanding to comprehensively
cover Edge Computing, Edge Cloud, and IoT. Accordingly, the community demo
zone is expanding to consider demo proposals from the LF Edge project
community as well. Another change for this year is that demo managers and
co-presenters need to be from LF Networking or LF Edge member companies.
Submissions that include vendor companies also require that the vendors be
sponsors of the Open Networking & Edge Summit event. Note: There are many
event sponsorship options available at all price levels including a
sponsorship option for the LFN/LFE Pavilion demos specifically. Please see
the event prospectus <https://events.linuxfoundation.org/sponsor-ones-na20> to
review the options and let me know if you have any questions.

*The call for demo ideas for the Open Networking & Edge Summit North
America is now open. *

Demos to be shown in the LFN/LFE booth will be chosen by LFN & LF Edge
Project leadership using the following criteria:

   - Demos must include technology from at least one of the LF Networking
   or LF Edge projects (e.g. ONAP, OPNFV, Akraino, EdgeX Foundry)
      - Special consideration will be given to submissions that:
      - Showcase cross-project collaboration and integration
      - Map to a specific industry use case
      - Include participation and endorsement from a service provider
      organization
      - Show project diversity (e.g. projects not covered in other
      submissions)

The final number of demo stations is still TBD. Demos stations will again
have a backdrop, signage, counter/table, chair(s) monitor, power, and Wi-Fi
internet. Note: Apart from the event sponsorship requirement, there is no
cost to host a standard demo in the LFN booth although additional power,
internet, space, etc. may incur a cost.

Here are the key dates to keep in mind:

   - Feb 5: Demo idea solicitation email sent to community lists
   - *Feb 26: Demo ideas submissions due*
   - March 4: Demos ideas reviewed, chosen, and notifications sent
   - April 21-22: Demos shown at ONES North America

Demo manager responsibilities include:

   - Creating the demo concept and actual demo to be shown
   - Responding promptly to requests for information
   - Meeting all demo preparation deadlines
   - Setting up and testing the demo pre-show and taking down post-show
   - Staffing the demo during ONS expo hours (along with other designated
   team members to help share the load)
   - Being willing to participate in media activities, e.g. photos, videos

To submit your demo idea for consideration, please collect and provide the
following information:

   - Demo title (10 words max)
   - Brief demo description (200 words max)
   - List of demo manager(s) with contact information
   - List of open source projects involved
   - List of companies involved
   - Any extra requirements or special considerations

Submit your demo ideas by *Feb 26th* by filling in the Google Form here:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfwjEfCcWUKMfiK404Uu51Zl70-8lqcRFCKKQ5vW3eeLOGAfw/viewform.
If you cannot access the form, email bw...@linuxfoundation.org and I will
send you the form over email.

Please let me know if you have any questions and we look forward to seeing
your submissions!

Best,

Brandon Wick
Senior Integrated Marketing Manager