Hello Sylvain, Catherine, David, Kenny

Thanks for touching this topic, perhaps we could discuss in TSC call today as
well (at least the CertService part).

On the CertService / CertService Client (I don`t want to write
"AAF-CertService" - as You noted it has nothing to do with AAF, except from its
name...) we have the following situation:

  *   We have completed the CertService + Client work in ONAP/Frankfurt release
  *   During the DCAE integration (after FF release), Vijay asked us to extend
the CertService Client capabilities to support different certificate formats.
  *   This work has been done already (just after the FF release)
     *   We have self-released the CertService Client container (version 1.2.0):
https://nexus3.onap.org/#browse/search=keyword%3Dcertservice:dd58d789774f5adedfe0af4eddf21355:1fac56450b93cede9a6bbbec058ce990
     *   We have updated the release notes of CertService to cover this change:
https://docs.onap.org/projects/onap-aaf-certservice/en/latest/sections/release-notes.html#version-1-2-0
     *   These changes are already merged to OOM/Master, they`re confirmed to
work properly.
  *   So far the CertService Client is not really referred from within any of
the Helm charts in ONAP, to what I know.
(There was some integration with SDNC planned, but I am not really sure, if it
was completed in Frankfurt)
  *   We, as Nokia, are fully committed to the CertService (actually
internally, there are 2 teams working on the DCAE integration)
  *   Looking at the future changes in ONAP architecture, it would make most
sense, if CertService (and CertService Client) could be moved to OOM project.
(Future deployment architecture - means Istio, Ingress, Keycloak, ...)

Based on this, I would like to propose following approach:

  1.  We`d like to release the updated CertService Client container as part of
Frankfurt Maintenenace Release (this is as well a suggestion from @VENKATESH
KUMAR, VIJAY<mailto:vv7...@att.com>).
  2.  We`d like to ask Sylvain
@sylvain.desbure...@orange.com<mailto:sylvain.desbure...@orange.com>, what is
his opinion about moving the CertService to OOM project.
(CertService has no dependencies to AAF, as Sylvain wrote below - and we
strongly believe CertService shall become part of OOM in next releases).

What would be the next steps here?

As I wrote before, we`re fully supporting the CertService, as You`ve seen,
we`re releasing, updating, fixing the code, we create all the necessary
documentation (dedicated RTD page), and we keep updating the release notes. I
think, the capability to request certificates from external CMP v2 servers is
an important capability, when supporting 3GPP and ORAN compliant
devices/applications.

Rgds,
Damian