Hello,
A year ago, we shared our pain on administrative tasks needed to be done as PTL.
Since, few progresses have been made but we still have big issues on the CI
part, at least in OOM perspective:

  *   I'm trying to have a proper release management on OOM since December and
despite 3 tickets (each of them have or are lasting several weeks) it's still
not working.
  *   Having specific tests per branch (OOM relies on different helm versions)
was too complicated for LF IT and I had to figure out myself how to barely make
it work
  *   Jenkins availibility is super low these past 2 monthes, despite tickets
opened (and closed by LF IT despite we don't know if the fix was working)
  *   LF IT people (at least the ones answering to me) are on west coast of US,
meaning we can have (at best) one question / answer  per day despite my try to
answer as fast as possible at their questions.
  *   ask to have proper docker endpoints instead of one with specific ports,
that hurst many OOM users, has been refused for no technical reason
(https://jira.linuxfoundation.org/plugins/servlet/theme/portal/2/IT-21854) (I
needed to do it by myself on Azure)

Our CI is divided in two parts:

  *   one on Jenkins, which could be (very) easily moved to github actions /
travis ci / gitlab ci / ...
  *   one on Azure + Orange Facilities, which is independent from Jenkins

During last TAC meeting
(https://wiki.lfnetworking.org/display/LN/2021-06-30+TAC+Minutes),
fd.io<https://fd.io> explained they're not using LF IT tools and they're
particularly fine with it. Anuket is also moving to gitlab
(https://gitlab.com/anuket) and all CNCF projects are on Github (for example
https://github.com/kubernetes-sigs/cluster-api).

In order to simplify my work on OOM (on the CI side at least), I then formally
ask to move OOM main repo (at first) to gitlab or github in order to have full
power on the CI system.
Of course, this would be under « ONAP » umbrella and thus LF would have to
create the group into either Gitlab or GitHub. But OOM committer would be «
maintainer » (or equivalent in GitHub) of OOM repo.
With the exception of providing me credentials to push helm artifacts to an
helm repository, I don't need (and want) any help from LF IT, I'll create the
new CI jobs by myself.

Best regards,
Sylvain Desbureaux

[Logo Orange]<http://www.orange.com>

Sylvain Desbureaux
Senior Cloud and Orchestration expert
Orange/INNOV/NET/CNC/NARA/OSONS

Fixe : +33 2 96 07 13
80<https://monsi.sso.francetelecom.fr/index.asp?target=http%3A%2F%2Fclicvoice.sso.francetelecom.fr%2FClicvoiceV2%2FToolBar.do%3Faction%3Ddefault%26rootservice%3DSIGNATURE%26to%3D+33%202%2096%2007%2013%2080>
Mobile : +33 6 71 17 25
57<https://monsi.sso.francetelecom.fr/index.asp?target=http%3A%2F%2Fclicvoice.sso.francetelecom.fr%2FClicvoiceV2%2FToolBar.do%3Faction%3Ddefault%26rootservice%3DSIGNATURE%26to%3D+33%206%2071%2017%2025%2057>
sylvain.desbure...@orange.com<mailto:sylvain.desbure...@orange.com>

Orange Labs Lannion

2 avenue Pierre Marzin

22307 Lannion Cedex