From: Deng, Yipan
Sent: Friday, April 30, 2021 12:05 PM
To: onap-tsc@lists.onap.org; onap-...@lists.onap.org; Kadera, Michael J
<michael.j.kad...@intel.com>; Monkman, Bob <bob.monk...@intel.com>;
morgan.richo...@orange.com; Mishra, Sharad D <sharad.d.mis...@intel.com>;
daniel.milaszkiew...@nokia.com; xin.m...@fujitsu.com
Cc: David McBride <dmcbr...@linuxfoundation.org>; Gooch, Stephen
<stephen.go...@windriver.com>; catherine.lefe...@intl.att.com; Kenny Paul
<kp...@linuxfoundation.org>; Arpit Joshipura <ajoship...@linuxfoundation.org>;
Gadiyar, Rajesh <rajesh.gadi...@intel.com>
Subject: RE: [onap-tsc] ONAP and Community Lab Requirements - Intel ONAP Lab
Shutdown on 4/30/2021 <Postponed>

ONAP Community,

We came in to the TSC call this week communicated the temporary shutdown of the
Intel ONAP Lab, plus the proposal of possibly EOL of the lab. I have an AR to
"provide security patching path minimizing community's impacts".

The temporary shutdown of the lab for security patching plus other issues
related to VPN server will take about three weeks to complete. According to the
immediate feedback from Catherine in the TSC call, even a couple of weeks of
downtime will also impact the community. With that in mind, while we are
working with ONAP and LFN on long term plan of the integration lab, we have
decided to temporarily postpone the lab shutdown for security patching which
was scheduled for today 4/30/2021 until future notice.

As we shared in the TSC call, the servers in the lab are old enough for
potential H/W failures. As a precaution, we would still encourage the community
to backup all the data that would be needed for future project activities at
your earliest convenience.

We will work with ONAP TSC to communicate future options, stay tuned.

Best Regards,
Yipan