Team,

There seems to be some confusion about the difference between M3 and M4, so
let me try to clear that up.

During the Honolulu release, there was a recognition that we need to have a
separation between the end of submitting code and the delivery of
containers.  So, we agreed to add an additional milestone, M4.

So, beginning with the Istanbul release, the end of code completion is tied
to M3, while the delivery of containers is tied to M4.  The Istanbul
schedule provides for a 3 week gap between M3 (Aug 26) and M4 (Sept 16).

The specific milestone tasks assigned to M3 and M4 were hashed out in a PTL
meeting this past spring.

I hope that this clarifies the issue.  Let me know if you have any
questions.

David

--
*David McBride *(pronounce <https://nmdrp.me/davidmcbride>)