From: onap-tsc@lists.onap.org <onap-tsc@lists.onap.org> On Behalf Of Dan Timoney
Sent: Tuesday, October 12, 2021 2:28 PM
To: onap-tsc@lists.onap.org; onap-rele...@lists.onap.org;
jozsef.csong...@bell.ca; marek.szwalkiew...@external.t-mobile.pl
Subject: Re: [onap-tsc] [OOM] is AWX used by a use case?

I believe CDS is using AWX as its Ansible server.  That would only apply,
though, in any use cases whose CBA (blueprint) include Ansible playbooks.

I see that in the gating test for our CCSDK/SDNC version bump, the AWX rabbitmq
container didn’t come up, but 100% of the use cases passed.  I would think that
must mean that none of our gating tests are using Ansible playbooks – in which
case it should be safe to set the replicaCount to 0 for AWX.  I would prefer
not to remove the AWX charts entirely for the moment.  If we find that a use
case needs Ansible support (for example,  to handle a VNF or PNF that only has
a CLI interface – no Netconf or REST), we can re-enable AWX and invest the time
to address the rabbitmq issue.

Jozsef, Marek:  do you have any insights on whether we have CDS use cases in
the wings that need Ansible?

Thanks!
Dan

--