Catherine

From: onap-modeling...@lists.onap.org <onap-modeling...@lists.onap.org> On
Behalf Of Nguyenphu, Thinh (Nokia - US/Irving)
Sent: Thursday, February 10, 2022 3:41 PM
To: yangxu (H) <yang...@huawei.com>; onap-modelingsub
<onap-modeling...@lists.onap.org>
Cc: 郭楚怡 <guoch...@chinamobile.com>; bruno.chat...@orange.com
Subject: Re: [onap-modelingsub] Joint workshop with ETSI NFV on ASD proposal

Hi,

There seems to be miss understanding ASD project.  Within ASD project, there
are at least 4 topics or tracks that I am aware of.

  1.  ASD Information Model:  ASD concept and detail ASD IM are completely
independent to ETSI NFV.  There is no dependency to ETSI NFV.
  2.  ASD Data Model:  the data model is based ASD IM and using TOSCA language
for modeling some of the node and datatypes for PoC.  There is no dependency to
ETSI NFV, except for tosca.nodes.asdInNsd, which it is derived from
tosca.nodes.nfv.VNF for PoC to illustrate NS. My understanding is that the
asdInNsd in completely independent to ASD IM and concept. This node is only to
illustrate with NS.
  3.  ASD packaging:  The ASD packaging concept is referenced to the existing
industry standard such as SOL004ed431 and TOSCA CSAR with some technical
changes.  Perhaps, there is some dependent with ETSI NFV.
  4.  ASD PoC:  independent to ETSI NFV.

So the scope of ETSI workshop should be only on the ASD packaging.
The above comment as Nokia ONAP delegate.

For NFV workshop, to avoid confusion, I (as ONAP-NFV Contact) kindly request
that you let me coordinate with MODCOM and CNF TF for this event to ensure
correct expectation, all stakeholder, and fruitful discussion.  Meanwhile, my
recommendation for MODCOM team to identify the scope and topic for the
workshop, the content to be share with ETSI NFV.

Regards,
Thinh