Hi Kenny,

I'm writing about the plan to run tests pipeline on UNH lab. I discussed with
team and that's what we really need to start:

*        We need of course somehow to execute pipeline's scripts to build ONAP
instances on the lab. If we won't have a direct ssh connection (as long as I
understand Fiachra lab is behind some VPN) we should use GitLab
Runner<https://docs.gitlab.com/runner/> which we could register to our GitLab
project. To do so we should also have an ONAP internal project on ONAP *
GitLab<https://gitlab.com/onap> to register a runner there so we will be able
to select it using GItLab
tags<https://docs.gitlab.com/ee/ci/yaml/index.html#tags>. There are several
types of GitLab runners to use, it's up to us which we select.

*        To run that GitLab runner there is a separate machine needed to be
used. We don't need even to have an access there to execute a code there (of
course if GitLab runner is running and it's registered to our GitLab project).
Of course it's need to be managed by someone so we need to decide who could
take a responsibility on that.

*        Openstack - ONAP tests pipelines are using Openstack to create and
manage projects to create an ONAP instances to run tests on. So at least one
Openstack instance is needed. Why at least? Because we have 2 different
scenarios how we could create/manage testing ONAP instances:

o   Each kind of pipeline (daily Istanbul/daily Master/gating etc.)  has
separate Openstack instance (less configurations on tests) - already using on
Azure,

o   One Openstack instance on which we have an access to a role which could
create projects and during each tests execution we create a pipeline specific
Openstack project (that's how we do it on DT).

If we decide to use an option 2 we could manage gitlab runners on the same
Openstack as ONAP instances and that's my recommendation.
Questions:

*        Does that lab have an access to the Internet? I'm asking because on
the other case we need to have an own artifactory to store/proxy ONAP images
and other needed requirements.

*        Are there any human resources (LF, UNH, whoever) to support us on that
or we need to manage all that stuff by ourselves as ONAP community?

*        How to get an access to the lab?

I created an Epic on JIRA to split work, create tickets and keep all
information on one place [INT-2085] Run ONAP tests on UNH lab - ONAP
JIRA<https://jira.onap.org/browse/INT-2085>.
If it's needed we could have also a separate section during PTL meetings (if
possible).
We can consider also to create a Slack channel for being up to date and share
information there.

If anyone have any question/comments feel free to ask. I'd appreciate any help
with that task (I know I can count on Morgan, Sylvain and Andreas support).

Best regards,
Michal

T-MOBILE POLSKA S.A. z siedzibą w Warszawie
Adres: ul. Marynarska 12, 02-674 Warszawa
Zarząd Spółki:
Andreas Maierhofer - Prezes Zarządu;
Juraj Andráš - Członek Zarządu, Dyrektor ds. Finansowych;
Dorota Kuprianowicz-Legutko - Członek Zarządu, Dyrektor ds. Polityki
Personalnej;
Goran Marković - Członek Zarządu, Dyrektor ds. Rynku Prywatnego;
Petri Pehkonen - Członek Zarządu, Dyrektor ds. Technologii i Innowacji;
Agnieszka Rynkowska - Członek Zarządu, Dyrektor ds. Rynku Biznesowego.

Spółka zarejestrowana w Sądzie Rejonowym dla m.st. Warszawy w Warszawie,
XIII Wydział Gospodarczy Krajowego Rejestru Sądowego.
KRS 0000391193 | NIP 526-10-40-567 | Regon 011417295
Kapitał zakładowy 711.210.000 złotych, kapitał wpłacony w całości.

DUŻE ZMIANY ZACZYNAJĄ SIĘ OD MAŁYCH - CHROŃ PLANETĘ, NIE DRUKUJ TEGO E-MAILA,
JEŻELI NIE MUSISZ.

Ta wiadomość i jej treść są zastrzeżone w szczegółowym zakresie dostępnym na
http://www.t-mobile.pl/stopka
This e-mail and its contents are subject to a DISCLAIMER with important
RESERVATIONS: see http://www.t-mobile.pl/stopka