As mentioned during today's TSC meeting, I placed an agenda item to discus
Integration's GitLab request on our staff call.  Here are the results of
that conversation.

GitLab

*       As has always been stated, the LF will not support a split
environment where some ONAP code is being managed by one SCM tool set and
some ONAP code by another.
*       We ARE willing to provide support in this integration specific
usecase ( i.e. running GitLab CI pipelines for the purposes of testing) as a
stand-alone repo for the long term.
*       We'd strongly prefer to see this contributed to the integration
project as actual seed code into a new repo rather than just forked code
into a new repo, because we have a pretty robust model for ingesting seed
code into new unpopulated repos.
*       Requirements:

1.      All commits the GitLab repo will require DCO and EasyCLA sign-off
and the appropriate licensing,  just as everything else does.
2.      Creating an Integration subgroup would be for the exclusive purpose
of running GitLab CI pipelines for testing only and NOT to house any code
developed for any ONAP component.
3.      If at any time there is a renewed desire in the community to
evaluate GitLab as an alternative to Gerritt for ONAP code, a revised pilot
proposal and plan for migrating all ONAP projects GitLab must be submitted
to the TSC by the interested parties and the proposal approved by the TSC.

*       I will initiate a vote in onap-tsc-vote related to the above.

Azure

*       Orange has been the only organization supporting ONAP's Azure
infrastructure.
*       No other group has stepped forward to take on that responsibility
that I am aware of.
*       ONAP has already spent more than $16K USD on Azure so far in 2022.
*       Alternative LF managed and lab infrastructure is available.
*       LF-IT will decommission the ONAP instance after Jakarta is released.

Thanks!

-kenny

Kenny Paul, Sr. Technical Community Architect

  ONAP Project & LFN Governing Board

  kp...@linuxfoundation.org <mailto:kp...@linuxfoundation.org> ,
+1.510.766.5945, US Pacific time zone.

  Find time on my calendar: https://doodle.com/mm/kennypaul/book-a-time