TSC,
   I've listed some challenges encountered from my experience as PTL.

  *   Handling new GR/BP improvement

With every new GR/BP being approved, they add significant overhead for larger
project such as DCAE to meet compliance with these requirements. Unless there
is active community support, burden falls on PTL to manage/address these
compliance over multiple releases. It will be helpful if TSC plans on resource
support as and when GR/BP are being approved.

  *   Unmaintained Usecases

Majority of DCAE service components are driven through usecases and from my
experiences usecases in ONAP do not get pursued beyond couple releases. When
the usecases team is no longer active, it adds burden on the project for
maintenance of respective code delivered. In some instances the code cannot be
archived/removed as there are cross project dependencies and needs to be worked
across team and tested.  Just like there is process currently to review/add new
usecases, will be good to identify and deprecate older usecases from ONAP for
maintaining leaner codebase.

  *   Within DCAE, we have always strived for generic instrumentation of
platform/common feature due to number of components involved.  Building such
solution and integrating with all the services/containers takes time and as
resources in ONAP are at constant flux, this add further complications.  For
new ONAP wide platform solutions, it will be great if a generic instrumentation
approach can be designed/developed once and integrated with all impacted
components rather than each project figuring out instrumentation details. The
work for SVC mesh integration follows this model however most of past
features/platform changes were handled independently by projects teams. Having
this as acceptance criteria for future REQ approval (either ARC/usecase) would
be beneficial.
  *   Though the number of milestones have reduced with recent releases (with
removal of RCx), the number of release mgmt. tasks have increased and still
requires considerable time for PTL to review/address them on recurring basis.
Some optimization to this process to reduce PTL responsibilities will be
helpful.

There are other issues (such as availability of resources) which we don't have
much control however I believe the above items are solvable and could benefit
PTL's going forward.

Regards,
Vijay