On Tue, Jun 14, 2011 at 18:51, Simon Phipps <si...@webmink.com> wrote:
>> It is not a question of benefit of the doubt.  Anybody who wants to
>> make a difference is welcome to participate.  The operative word,
>> however, is "participate".
>
> Help me understand here, Sam. Are you asserting that you do not consider the
> contributions I have made so far in the Incubator to be "participation"?

To take a guess, I believe Sam is saying "if you'd like to sign onto
infrastructure-dev and help to make it happen, then great." In other
words, don't just make a proposal, but roll up your sleeves to make it
work.

Now... it sounds like you *did* roll up your sleeves and talked to TDF
folks about infrastructure capability over there, but (unfortunately)
that plan isn't workable. As the "suggested plan" discussion morphed
towards "Git at ASF", it didn't seem you were moving towards solving
(say) LDAP and Git integration :-P ... thus we end up with you and Sam
talking past each other.

Cheers,
-g