> ASSUMPTION: The OOo trademark is assigned to the ASF as expected
>

> First point of call is the ASF trademark policy [1]. If you are confident
> your use complies with the policy then no formal permission is required.

That's the problem, I have read this and I'm not certain that nominative use
is the right interpretation. Really we want community backing and that
implies more than nominative use and I want to err on the side of caution so
there is no possibility later of misunderstandings etc. Also think these
things should be open and transparent.

If you feel you need formal permission then tradema...@apache.org is the
> contact point as described in the policy.

But presumably if we want broader community support this list is the place
to get it? I will talk to the trademark committee but I feel happier if this
is as public as possible.

The trademarks committee will either grant or refuse permission (usually

--
Ian

www.theINGOTs.org +44 (0)1827 305940

Wales.