On 06/16/2011 06:15 PM, Mathias Bauer wrote:
On 16.06.2011 16:45, Rob Weir wrote:
On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 11:39 PM, Greg Stein<gst...@gmail.com> wrote:
On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 12:09, Pedro Giffuni<giffu...@tutopia.com>
wrote:
On Wed, 15 Jun 2011 10:59:12 +0200, Mathias
Bauer<mathias_ba...@gmx.net>
Correct me if I'm wrong, but my understanding was that nowhere in the
code repository we can have code that links against LGPL code. And of
course extensions are part of our code base also.

The repository can contain code that is licensed with a permissive
license (ALv2, MIT, BSD). Of course, we try to have only "our" code,
but over in httpd is a copy of PCRE, and APR has a copy of Expat.
Stuff that is not "our" code must be listed in the NOTICE file.

We cannot have any code in the repository that has a reciprocal license.

Could you clarify one thing for me, please?

I thought we could take the Oracle code as-is, and check it in, verify
that it is complete and builds, but that we would then be required to
resolve the license issues before could have a release or graduate.
Is that incorrect? Are we required to resolve these issues before we
even accept the SGA'ed code? It makes it difficult to collaborate on
resolving these issues if we cannot get the initial code into SVN.

-Rob

The Oracle code as-is will not be sufficient to build anything.
The initial list of files from Oracle misses several thousand files
(e.g. nearly the complete build system files) because these files don't
have copyright headers in them. To the best of my knowledge, they are
under Oracle's copyright, but it's not up to me to decide on that.

I knew this laziness with the copyright banner on files would hurt as some day ... Fixing copyright headers was a never ending task, I guess this will get better now :-)

People are working on that, but we obviously have to wait. Let's use the
time to go through all files where the copyright situation is unclear or
where we already know that the copyright holder is someone else (I have
posted a first list already).

Heiner

--
Jens-Heiner Rechtien