Christian Lohmaier wrote on Fri, Jun 17, 2011 at 15:57:54 +0200:
> Hi Daniel, *,
>
> On Fri, Jun 17, 2011 at 3:46 PM, Daniel Shahaf <d...@daniel.shahaf.name>
> wrote:
> > Christian Lohmaier wrote on Fri, Jun 17, 2011 at 13:43:04 +0200:
> >>
> > For jira the Infra team uses an IRC bot that interfaces with jira (and
> > can notify on issue changes, add comments to issues, close them, etc)
> > --- so you can be pretty sure that jira's API will remain working and
> > continuously tested.
>
> Yes, I was aware that jira is capable/having both soap and xml-rpc
> interaces, I was just worried that it might not be enabled by policy
> or something like that :-) Great to hear that it is used - and if
> apache already has an bot for issues, then of course there is no need
> for IZBot to deal with those

To clarify: infra has a bot that does N things and one of them is the
issue handling.  So the issue handling would have to be factored out
before it can be reused.

I know someone already factored out some parts of infrabot for reuse on
their channel --- not sure whether the issues tree was part of it ---
someone on #asfinfra would know.

> > I'd be interested to know if bugzilla/* have comparable features...
>
> It has, and that it doesn't work on openoffice.org is due to the lack
> of interest of the kenai/OOo admins to fix the setup, not because
> bugzilla wasn't capable of it.
> Bugzilla itsellf supports xmlrpc, and that support is not going to vanish.

Thanks for the information.  Not sure what the state of ASF's bugzilla
installation is re these.