Hi everyone,

I'd like to introduce myself for those you did not know me yet.

My name is Peter Junge, originally from a small town near Hamburg in Germany, but today living and working in Beijing. I'm with the OOo community since the very beginning, as I have been a Quality Assurance Engineer at Sun Microsystems' StarOffice team during the time when OpenOffice.org went public.

In 2006 I quit at Sun and moved to Beijing with my wife. Later that year, I joined Beijing RedFlag 2000 (not the same as Red Flag Linux), who are developing a product called RedOffice, a derivative of OOo. I started as a Quality Assurance Instructor, but later mostly worked on the inter-cultural challenges of contributing to an open source community. In 2008 I have been one of the main organizers of the OpenOffice.org Conference in Beijing.

Since 2009 I'm attending the OpenDocument Format TC at OASIS, first for RedFlag 2000. Since I quit them in late 2009 I'm maintaining my (not very active) membership as an individual in that TC.

In October 2010 I became the OOo Marketing Project Lead and have been a remote member of the team that has been organizing the OOoCon 2010 in Budapest. I also have been remotely organizing a booth of the OOo community at the CeBIT 2011 in Hanover. A couple of days ago I have been quitting as lead of the Marketing Project due to lack of time.

Looking forward to work with all of you, hoping that OOo is able to keep a fair amount of it's own culture at Apache. I guess it's going to be exiting times. So far OOo was mostly a European community, but with the ASF there will be a significant shift towards the US. As well, there will be a growing number of Chinese engineers around. Great to see OOo to become more international, which implies a lot of inter-cultural challenges.

Best regards,
Peter